From the Dashboard, click Settings. Under Settings, select Mail. Select Add Account... Select Other as the type of account. Select IMAP. Enter the requested information:
- Name: the name of the mail user
- Address: the email address of the mail user ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Description: a description of the mail user
- Host Name: enter the mail server pop3.domain.tld and outgoing mail server as smtp.domain.tld
- User Name: enter the full email address ( email@example.com )
- Password: enter the users password ( Your email password )
Click Save. DO not Use/Enable SSL option to send receive emails. Click Save. Click Settings for the account you just created. Click Advanced.
Under Incoming settings, click Authentication and select Password. Make sure your email software is set to use password authentication for your outgoing (SMTP) server. This is not something that is enabled in Apple mail products by default! You should have your full email address entered for the username, and your email password for the password.
To check the email settings protocol, you can also go to the following knowledge entry: