First login in ssh using putty or any other ssh client
1. Go to the correct directory where we want to setup our blog and need to download the files and extract them there. Supposing the directory you want your blog to be installed under is blogdemo residing under the www directory, you will use the following command:
2. Now download WordPress using the 'wget' command.
tar xfz latest.tar.gz
this will download and extract blog files in www/blogdemo/ folder
3. Now all archive files from WordPress have the installation files under a wordpress directory and after extraction you will find a wordpress directory under the blogdemo directory containing your install. So to shift the files back to where they should be use the following commands:
mv wordpress/* ./
4. Now create a blank database from your Servage control panel and note its name, server name, database user, database password.
5. Now go back to ssh and rename wp-config sample.php to wp-config.php. Use this command:
mv wp-config-sample.php wp-config.php
6. Now edit wp-config.php file using vim , nano or pico editor (you can use this command "nano wp config.php") and edit these lines:
// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
Save the file.
7. You can now open the wordpress url in browser (provided your domain is pointing to the server). You can then set the admin username and password.
8. Please contact support if you face any issues installing Wordpress from ssh.