- Step 1 Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/. Unzip the downloaded file to a folder on your local computer.
- Step 2 Upload WordPress to Hosting Account
There are three available options for uploading WordPress to a hosting
- Upload via File Manager - Please see File Manager section under Files option in Control Panel for more information.
- Upload via SSH - Please see SSH section under Files option in Control
- Panel for more information. Click here to see how to install Wordpress via SSH
- Step 3 Create MySQL Database and User
WordPress stores its information in a database. Therefore, a database will
need to be created:
- Log into Control Panel.
- In the Databases section, click the MySQL Database Wizard icon.
- Create A Database using an option 'Add new database', enter the database name.
- Enter Password and click Create ADD.
- Complete the task, make note of the database name, username and password, as you will need them for Step 4.
- Step 4 Run the Installation
Open a new browser window and go to the installation page to run the installation script. Depending on where you installed the script, you will find it at either of the following URLs:
Be sure to replace yourdomain.com in the example above with your actual domain name. You should now see a welcome page that says "Welcome to the famous five minute WordPress installation process!"
Please enter the database details in the prompt popped up.
- Step 5 Complete the Installation
On this page, fill in the fields for:
- Site Name
- Password (needs to be entered twice)
- Email address (login information will be sent to this email address)
- Select whether or not to have the search engines index the site
Click Install Now, and you should be taken to the final screen, showing
the following message:
Success! WordPress has been installed.